SHORE EXCURSION: TE PUIA AND RAINBOW SPRINGS FROM TAURANGA
- Duration: 7 Hours (approx.)
- Location: TAURANGA
- Product code: TRG12TEPUIA
You will see·
- Famous Rotorua sights, including Blue Baths, Rachel
- Spring and the Bath House
- Geysers, bubbling mud pools and hot springs·
- Kiwifruit orchards and Okere Falls·
- Maori culture, including a 45 minute concert·
- Native and introduced flora and fauna
· Duration: 7 hours 30 minutes (approx.)
Te Puia Highlights:
- See geysers explode high into the air, viscous mud pools bubble away and
boiling hot pools simmer endlessly. You will only get those iconic geyser photos
at Te Puia!
- Experience an awe-inspiring cultural performance from a local Maori group.
The 45 minute concert includes a powhiri (welcome) onto the Marae (meeting
house), as well as traditional songs and dances. You will see the famous Haka
(war dance) - guaranteed to send a shiver down your spine!
- Watch craftsmen and women learn their trade in the newly refurbished carving
and weaving schools.
- Enjoy viewing NZ wildlife amongst spacious grounds under a canopy of native
- See native birds such as the Kiwi, Kaka, Tui, Kereru (Wood Pigeon), Kea and
Whio (Blue Duck).
- Step back in time and see a living dinosaur - the Tuatara. These guys have
been around for over 200 million years!
- The kids will love the 'Big Splash' ride, trout pools and playground.
- Upgrade (extra cost) to visit the Kiwi Encounter conservation hatchery. Here
you can see kiwi conservation in action - where your admission fee helps save
this endangered icon.
stop at Okere Falls, and tour Rotorua's interesting city centre to see famous
landmarks such as Govt Gardens, the Bath House, Blue Baths and more.
Your guide will share their passion and knowledge about Rotorua and the Bay of
Plenty region. You'll see why it's such a popular place to live!
This tour is proudly operated by a local family orientated business - Tauranga's best
Shore Excursion team.
- Air-conditioned transport
- Entry to Rainbow Springs
- Entry to Te Puia and Maori Concert
- Experienced private guide
- Pick up and drop off at the port
No meals are included in this tour but time is provided for
you to buy a snack lunch at the Te Puia cafe.
Please be at the designated meeting point at least 15
minutes prior to departure. Details are on your voucher.
Children and Infants must have a valid ticket to travel as
under NZ Transport Agency law each person is counted as part of the vehicles
loading limit. Please note that for safety reasons we recommend you bring a
suitable child/infant seat as these are not available on the day.
If your group is larger than 24 persons then please contact
us for a quotation.
This tour is NOT suitable for users of mobility scooters or
wheel chairs as there is no storage capacity on the minibus.